The open day will comprise of the following activities:
- Exhibiting Library Information Resources
- Training sessions on Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC), Freely Available Open Access Resources (OA), Searching Strategies and Access to E-Books and E-Journals (Both On and Off Campus Access)
- Amnesty to those with library overdue items
- Launching of the library website and the UoN institutional repository
- The Objectives of the Open Day/Open Access Week:
- To create awareness of library services and resources, and equip users with e-resources searching skills to increase usage.
- To promote Global Open Access Initiatives, research, scholarship and publishing and connect users to Freely Available Information Resources